One of the most simple and delicious recipes my dad has taught me is how to make the perfect rice! This may seem like a straightforward food to make, however I can assure you no rice compares to how this one tastes. I find there is beauty in perfecting even the most simple of things and this recipe is one of them. I would absolutely love to know if you end up making this and if you agree that this is actually – the perfect rice!
See below for ingredients, instructions and some of my kitchen favorites! If you’re interested in more home blogs – they are linked here!
- Basmati or Jasmine Rice
- 1 TBSP Butter (I love Kerrygold)
- Add 1 tbsp butter to pot. Do not turn on the stove yet.
- On the side, boil 1 1/2 cups water in a teapot or another pot on the stove.
- Have 1 cup of basmati or jasmine rice rinsed on the side ready to go on the side.
- Once water in teapot is about to boil, turn on the stove to high with the pot that has butter in it.
- When butter starts melting, add the rinsed rice to the pot and then the boiling water.
- Add a pinch of salt and stir the rice, water, butter together and wait.
- Once you see craters start to form in the rice, cover the pot tightly, lower heat to low, and time 20 min!
- Once 20 minutes have passed, the water will be gone and you will have the perfect rice! Fluff gently with a fork, and serve 🙂
shop kitchen faves