Another of my dad’s infamous recipes, this Kafta Bil Sanieh is a hearty, authentic Lebanese meal you need to try! The base of this is a delicious blend of ground beef, potatoes, and tomatoes (3 of my favorite things!) Serve this alone or over rice and you are bound to be blown away by its incredible flavor. Kafta Bil Sanieh has always been a staple in my home and I hope it can now become one in your own ❤️!
- 90/10% ground beef
- Russet Potatoes
- Tomato Sauce
- Olive Oil
- 7 Spices
- Roughly chop parsley
- Cube onion
- Mix onion + parsley in the food processor
- Transfer into bowl, add ground beef
- Add 2 Tbsp 7 Spices
- Add 1/2 Tbsp salt
- Shape Kafta into patties
- You can peel or not peel Russet Potatoes
- Slice onions into rings
- Slice tomatoes in rounds
- Half cook the potatoes in slightly salted water (test with fork every few minutes)
- Once half cooked, slice potatoes into rounds
- Oil a tray with olive oil
- Layer the potatoes, layer the beef patties, layer the onions, pour the tomato sauce on top until nicely covered.
- Cover with aluminum foil, bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees
- 25 minutes remove the aluminum foil, and broil for 5 minutes
- Once a nice color. Voila!