Birthday Celebrations/ Newport, RI
It's been a hard week getting back into my routine but it's something that needs to be done! So many times I want to complain (and I do) but I remind myself that I've worked so hard to be where I am and I will not allow myself to fall through the cracks!
I do have to say though I’m so happy and grateful I had a long weekend to spend at home, celebrating my birthday with friends and family, and even better, making a little trip out of it!
We went to Rhode Island and spent a beautiful Saturday in Newport. Although we had plans to go to Narraganset (the beach) on Sunday, Mother Nature had it her way. Instead we plopped ourselves on the couch and had a sweats/movie day (those are sometimes the best!)
If you haven’t been, you NEED to go to Newport! Just picture the sweetest town, fruit stands, hat stands, coffee shops, little boutiques, bikes, flowers, and sailboats all along the waterfront. Even on a partly cloudy, chilly day, this little nook of a town is so breathtaking! If you can, I highly suggest booking a sailboat ride- it was so nice to be out on the water and one way to make a great memory with family/friends!
What We Did:
- Dinner at Al Forno in Providence, RI: It was one of the best Italian meals I've had in a very long time. So Scrumptious! Make reservations ahead of time!
- Newport: We walked around and then had a drink outside at The Black Pearl before heading out on the sailboat!
- Some great sailboat company's to look into if you're interested are: This and That
- For lunch we walked over to the Lobster Shack! It's basically a food truck that only serves lobster so beware if you're not a lobster fan! If you are, this little gem is amazing!
- My family always gets a sweet tooth after meals so we had to head back over to The Coffee Grinder for a little pastry and coffee!
- We then got in the car and drove to cliff walk- this walk that allows you to see all the beautiful summer mansions from their backside! The whole walk is truly stunning but make note- there is an "easier side" and a "harder side" so if you have elders with you or young children, choose wisely! There's a map that lets you know which way is easy/hard!
- We ended our beautiful day in Newport by having a drink at Castle Hill Inn. It was a gorgeous view to take in and there are huge chairs to sit in if you'd like to stay a while! (They bring blankets to you once you sit in them, so sit your booty down!)
So if you follow along on my Instagram, you know I basically wore the same outfit all weekend long! I wore a really pretty champagne sequins dress (because why not) on my actual birthday and then wore a very casual outfit the rest of the time! Below are the items! Some items that are not listed are my bracelets and earrings! Bracelets are handmade by Sixty Stax and the beautiful blue earrings are handmade by Rachel Mulherin!
Just want to thank everyone who reached out with the sweetest wishes on my birthday. I have never felt better, happier, or more grateful. I cannot wait to see where this year takes me! Hope you all enjoy a beautiful weekend. Get out and explore!!