First off, I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has reached out to me over the last several weeks in one way or another and showed me support and love. It means the world to me to read your messages so, thank you!!
Today's post is about taking the time to reflect about the year so far because we're already half way through! (can you believe that?!) This push to reflect really came about when I was sitting with a family friend on Father's Day and she said to me, "Vivi, can you believe where you are, what you're doing, what you've accomplished in just six months?" My answer: tears (of joy, and appreciation)
I had a lot of things happen at the start of the year and I could have chosen to either sit and sulk, or rise above and better myself- my life. For the first couple weeks, I sat and sulked until I knew I couldn't do that forever, but I didn't even know where to start.
That overwhelming feeling of "oh my goodness, I have nothing but I want everything. where do I go? what do I do? HOW do I do it?" came over me and honestly I just wanted to turn around and sit and sulk again.
SO, I decided to make a "2017 goals" list (I am a lover of lists) and organize myself. My list was:
1. Find an exercise I enjoy!
2. Start a blog!
3. Start a photography business
4. Apply to nursing school
5. Travel to 3 places (states/countries)
6. Take Lulu (my grandma) to NYC
Some of the above were dreams (blog, photography business) that seemed too big to achieve but I thought, why not. what do you have to lose?! I sometimes can't believe it, but I can proudly say that I've accomplished 4 out of the 6 that are on that list.
- Self-love is key. You have to love yourself, you have to know yourself and be kind to yourself. Even though it sounds so silly and easy, it's not! Work on this every day! You also have to be your own motivator and truly want to change.
- If something doesn't make you happy that you find yourself doing just because that's what other people do.. stop! Be confident and selfish and say no! Find the hobbies and activities that make you happy!
- Get organized in whatever way works for you. Write down your goals, daily, monthly, yearly, and note even the simplest goals! Reevaluate your goals often and hold yourself accountable!
- Appreciate and thank the people who have helped and supported you along the way!!
I hope my thoughts and words push you to reflect on what you've done this year so far. If you're unhappy or wish things were different, CHANGE THEM!! If you're happy with it, keep pushing onto better things!
Simple and easy!! I love feeling comfortable but cute so ripped jeans and a cute top are my go-to! Jeans are from the Gap and are on sale! Blouse is from Zara and on sale! Sandals are Dolce Vita from DSW!
I would love to read your thoughts on reflecting so please comment! I hope you have a beautiful weekend! I have a wedding that I'm so excited about- Can't wait to share my look for it!