It’s November, the month of thanksgiving and gratitude. I feel as if we always tell each other to be grateful, live each day as it’s our last, and count your blessings, but in reality I think we take advantage of the majority of our days. We just assume that when we are 40, 50, 80 years old we will still be here so we don’t even take a minute and appreciate the day we are living in. At least that’s how I feel sometimes!
This past week was truly a rollercoaster of a multitude of events with many emotions that left me feeling really really grateful. I sat on my couch one afternoon and broke down because of the overwhelming feeling. In that moment, I truly felt thankful and grateful for the present- for the mere fact that I woke up with air in my lungs, a beating heart, and that my family and friends did as well.
I’d like to think that I practice gratefulness often, but then again too often am I distracted. I came up with a short list of simple ways to be in the present and be grateful:
1. When you’re overwhelmed and find yourself freaking out, physically step away from whatever you’re doing, throw your phone on your couch or your bed away from you and take deep breaths. Remind yourself that you have the ability to step away, and breathe, some people do not. Remind yourself that you are ALIVE and well, others are not.
2. If others are falling into a complaining hole and bringing you with them, remind them that they are alive and well. Help them come back to the present and be grateful!
3. Before you close your eyes at night, remind yourself one one thing that you’re grateful for! It can be as simple as being grateful for making it to work on time!
4. When you’re in a really shitty situation – for example, the other day I got stuck walking for ten minutes in the pouring, freezing rain without an umbrella and with soaked shoes- don’t curse the world but rather change your mindset and be grateful you have a warm hot shower awaiting you at home!
5. Say thank you! Goes a long way!
The more we practice being grateful, the happier we become. I promise you. We just see each day, each encounter, each heart beat as a blessing.
Some of my favorite fall pieces that I’ve wear on repeat! Splitting this up in two sections- the first is a scroll of the pieces that are on SALE. The holiday’s are quickly approaching, get some of these steals now!
Although in November we celebrate Thanksgiving, I’m really challenging myself to be focus on gratitude daily. I challenge you too! If you have any things that you do to practice gratefulness, let me know! I’d love to hear!
Have a beautiful weekend and bundle up! It’s frigid!
P.S. I’m so grateful for all of you that support me on my blog and Instagram! More than you know!!