My 10 hacks for packing efficiently and aesthetically! Although I’m constantly on the move and traveling, I still find packing such a daunting process. To make life a little easier, I have become a creature of habit and these tips have become the perfect guide for anytime I’m packing. Below, I listed out my 10 hacks for packing efficiently and hope they help you to organize yourself as well!
* BEFORE ANYTHING: make a list of the itinerary you have (even if it’s rough) and write out what you’d be wearing for each event/ day *
- Lay everything out by category, this helps to see what you need to pack and create a clear outline for what goes into each packing cube.
- (CUTE) packing cubes have been a game changer for me! They help to pack everything according to category (pajamas, workout, undies/bras/socks, full outfits) and keep my suitcase extremely organized.
- Roll everything into your packing cubes and place into suitcase like tetris! Creates so much more space than if you were to fold.
- Small jewelry box with essentials (code VIV15)! Just bring the essentials
- Daily makeup in a clear cosmetic case so you can see where everything is as you use it throughout the trip. I also split up my makeup by “daily/minimal” and “full face” makeup bags.
- Designated tech case for all of your charging cords, headphones, etc. – leave this in your carry-on so it’s in hand-reach!
- Pack your suitcase on the first level of your house (if you can) so you don’t have to carry a heavy suitcase down the stairs.
- Designated travel uniform!!! I LIVE by this! I have my favorite travel fit that I wear on repeat to ensure I am comfortable and not scrambling for something to wear the night before or day of- it includes layers because you never know the weather on public transportation 🙂
- Wear chunky/heavy shoes with airport uniform. I always wear my heavy sneakers so they don’t take up space in my suitcase, plus they’re comfortable.
- Wear a crossbody bag to the airport! You become hands-free and you have everything right in front of you. No more digging through your duffle for your passport or wallet!
- Just an added *bonus* is to have cute travel bags (suitcases, duffles, backpacks – code VIV10 for Calpak) to help make you even more excited to pack and travel!